Monday 26 November 2012

C'est Magnifique & Scrappin Patch challenges

Two posts within two weeks, I know! shock horror lol!

Last weekend I went to the crop at Scrappin Patch and had a great time being entertained and hosted by the lovely Belinda :)  Part of the day was an optional challenge with a random draw, from a kit provided which included two pieces of cardstock - one of those had to be cut on the accucut using the block format.  I had never used this before but I had put together a Kaisercraft frame in the past which is a similar sort of thing, so I had a go, and this was what I came up with.



You could add whatever you liked to your layout, you just had to use the kit provided.  My photos were taken by FURtography earlier in the year - a fabulous animal friendly photographer, I would highly recomend. Ive added a Prima notecard and flowers, 7Gypsy stickers,  Kaisercraft wooden flourishes and Imaginarium word chipboard, that Ive just inked with Pinecone ink.

The other layout I completed that day was my first sketch challenge at C'est Magnifique. I had been looking at this site for awhile thanks to Francine :) but this was the first time I had go and Im thrilled with the result.  The photo is my friends wee girl Aoibhinn (she lives in Ireland), and this is her precious Granddad who passed away this year.  Im sending this over to her for a gift.  The papers are Fancy Pants Winterland, which I used to decorate some Kaisercraft desk caddies but I will share those later - you would never guess this paper was snow themed would you?! I love that :)




With this layout I embossed the wooden words with white embossing powder and then inked around the edge.  Im loving those new dice from Prima that have just come into Scrappin Patch :)

I hope you like them, its not often I share my layouts!
Thanks for popping by.

3 comments:

  1. whoops... sorry ... just picking my jaw up from the floor... 2 posts my goodness!! Hee Hee! Both layouts are truly fabulous as are you chickadee- lovely to see you on Sat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those layouts are fab, I shouldn't sound surprised as your work is always stunning. I really think the layout being sent overseas will be treasured, it's beautiful! How nice to see you scrapping something for yourself too, the layout of Mackenzie and Dougal is fab and great use of the block diecut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan. Thanks for participating in the C'est Magnifique Kits sketch challenge. Your layout is one of our featured layouts! We love the soft, beautiful colors you used. We hope you will participate again in December. Our new sketch has been posted.

    ReplyDelete