Thursday 29 November 2012

On a Roll!

Im seem to be on a roll at the moment with creating layouts instead of OTP, but yet again Im creating for someone else :)  I mentioned recently that my niece has made me a Great Aunt, so I thought as part of her gift this Christmas, I would give her a layout of him in a frame.  Im not sure that it flows right but can't put my finger on what it is, anyway its done, hope you like it :)
So this is Luka at 7weeks old, giggling away after listening to one of his mums stories :)


The paper is 3 Bugs in a Rug that Ive had for awhile - feels good to put some of that old stash finally to good use! I have used two different embossing powders on the chipboard title, white and a greeny colour called Tarkine from Opalettes range, then inked the edges with pinecone. The stars are applied using texture paste to a WOW (Words or Whatever) template - you can find these at Scrappin Patch. The layout is based on the sketch challenge at Once Upon a Sketch.  Ive included the required journaling - the tag is in the top upper corner of the photo with  some seam binding attached that Ive coloured using Distress Inks, Stormy Sky and Frayed Burlap - Ive left this blank for my niece to write on.

thanks for popping by!

3 comments:

  1. love love love it!! The stars look so fabulous- love all of it - you may be a winner with thsi one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh its actually me - bloody simon using my computer again and it has him as the signed in one!! Gorgeous photo and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work Megan - it's great to see you're still blogging, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete