Monday 14 October 2013

Scrappin Patch Retreat

Back in September I was teaching a class at Scrappin Patch Retreat.  Its the second time Ive taught a class there - the venue is at Glentui, out the back of Oxford nestled in the hills, its just beautiful with spectacular views and absolutely delicious food :)
Anyway, back to class!  This time people were asking for heritage layouts so I chose to use Kaisercraft 75cents and created two layouts.  Usually layouts of mine have heaps of flowers which makes the cost per page high, but this time I purposely did'nt want to do that.  I really wanted to show how to use the Collections pieces and not just using them as they are.  I got a bit carried away with all the layering lol and one layout had 21 pieces of collections on it!


This layout is the culprit, 21little items layered in there!  The photo is my Grandmother and Great-Grandmother on the train to Kaikoura, the person you can see in the background is my mum :)


The second layout I made for a friend of mine, and Ive attached a tag in behind the photo for him to place his journalling of his Great-Grandfather during WWI.



This was a small class this time, just 9 pupils which was probably just as well separating out all those Collections items and then layering them all!  They all got a wee treat as well thanks to a very generous friend who created cupcakes for all of them - themed just for me, blue icing and little paws - blues my favourite colour and we have two little white fur babies :)


And the little gift bags Francine helped me to get done :) to put them in.  Can I just say the cupcakes were absolutely devine!!


Here at the attendees - great bunch of ladies to teach :)

Ive been asked to teach again at retreat next year in May, which Im thrilled about!  Its a great place to crop with a nice friendly atmosphere.  At the moment Im deciding on whether to do two or one class, mini album or layouts, or one of each - decisions decisions!

Thanks for popping by!

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm could be tempted. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layouts Megan, you are a very talented lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were really amazing layouts to learn, so much detail. I loved it! Oh yum to the cupcakes too xo

    ReplyDelete