Sunday 15 June 2014

Time flies with Double Dot ;)

Hi Everyone :)

Another month has flown by in the blink of an eye! - they seem to go faster the older I get, well it seems that way to me :)  But it also means its getting colder over here, which is by no means a good thing when its been so wet with flooding already, makes you wonder what else mother nature thinks we need this winter! There is a lot to be thankful for though - I don't live near my friend Lynn in Canada where it gets to -28 in the winter!; we don't live in an area like the Flockton Basin that is now prone to flooding since the earthquake; and our country isn't being over run by terrorists or extremists - so I guess in the grand scheme of things live in little ole NZ for me is pretty sweet!

Over at BoBunny for the last week of May we focused on Double Dot.  I LOVE double dot, particularly the vintage collection - no surprises there lol - the patterns and textures are gorgeous!  Did you know you can get them at Artfull Crafts now?  which is way cool for us Kiwi's because before they arrived in my first DT box I had never seen them here  before.  We had also been fielding questions about double layouts so I volunteered to do one for my post with double dot - yes I know!  Im not known for my layouts really and to do a double?!!  Shock horror :)  Im pretty pleased with it though :)


I mixed three sheets of Vintage Maize Double Dot with the darker Chocolate to create my background and randomly stamped over it with my current fav clear stamp from BoBunny Distressed Textures.  The edges were inked with 2 different Tim Holt distressed ink pads.


A cluster of leaves from the Autumn Song Noteworthy pack was arranged underneath the banner sticker.  Scraps of chipboard were used to make the hearts and that bling flourish is from BoBunny as well.


I like to journal if I can, for a couple of reasons.  For generations to come it shows them what my handwriting was like and it tells the story without which they would be wondering who poor ole Dougal was.  So this was about Dougal as a puppy, he was so darn cute the little things he used to do! <3


The stamps in the bottom cluster were part of the Emphera Happy Tails pack - such a great value for money pack of different goodies full of flowers, stamps, bling, buttons, papers and card stock to match each paper collection.  Ive doodled along the scalloped borders, the hearts and the dog collars to tie it all  together, and used foam tape and chipboard scraps to separate the layers giving depth.


Its currently on display in Artfull Crafts if you want to see it in real life :)

Thats it from me, stay warm or enjoy the sun where ever you live!
Thanks for popping by :)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely journalling Megan. And yep, it has been a tad wet lately,

    ReplyDelete