Monday 24 November 2014

The Mighty FORD Truck - BoBunny DT

Hi Everyone!
I seem to have been in this "I have heaps of time" bubble and now its four weekends I think til Christmas!!!!  I had plans to make a few decorations this year and typically Im fast running out of time - it seems to be a yearly occurrence for me unfortunately!  The shopping is done, just other things Ive been wanting to achieve that are not going as fast as I'd like :(

This project is one of those.  I've had it banging round in my head for ages, well since the Wild Card collection came out.  I wanted to alter a truck and then I found this little beauty in Mitre 10.  A bit more than I wanted to spend on something to alter but it was so perfect I just got it!


The whole truck was just natural wood, and I've painted the main truck body black and the support structure of the deck.  The head lights Ive made silver using BB pearlescents, worked a treat!  The canopy is covered with Wild Card Shuffle and the doors have the garage emblem fussy cut from the same range of paper.


The truck is packed ready for a jolly good Christmas break, with presents, the tree, pinecones in the back for the campfire and the suitcases!


The suitcases were made using the Souvenir range - they're just little gift boxes that Ive covered.  The straps and handles are made from cardstock.  The presents are altered jewellery boxes, covered with the Altitude collection.
Before you ask, yes it is a FORD truck, it couldn't possibly be anything else or it wouldn't be allowed up the drive! ;)


Did you spy that little angel up on top of the tree?  A few years ago I was part of secret santa swap and this was my present, completely handmade, little did I know at the time just how perfect she would be!  Amanda is one clever lady :)

See you next time!

1 comment:

  1. I think you have done an outstanding job on this wee truck. What a fab Xmas keepsake it will be each year.

    ReplyDelete