Thursday 22 January 2015

Wild Card Gasoline Bowser - BoBunny DT

Hi there!

2015 is here and already is off with a hiss and roar - can't believe its nearly the end of the month already!

Today I have another one of those 'dust collectors' to show you ;)
A while ago I altered a FORD truck, course it wouldn't be anything but a FORD or I might have ended upon serious trouble with Forbes lol :)  You can find that post here.  But you know whats the point in having a truck if theres no where to get petrol?  So, thought I better try and make one ;)



This time Ive made the whole thing from scratch, from chipboard instead of my usual trick of altering something.  Ive used a mixture of fussy cutting and chipboard embellishments to create advertisements.

Heres some close ups, in more detail:


The round emblem on top is the only thing not made out of chipboard - its a wooden bangle that I found in the jewellery aisle at Spotlight.  I just painted it black and covered in the hole on both sides.



The hardest bit was figuring out how to make the nozzle of the petrol pump.  In the end I remembered I had a toy antique gun from a dress up we had been to, used some tiny tubing to attach it to the side and it was done.
In case you're wondering, its 13 inches high.  And yes Forbes loved it but then asked if I was making a garage for truck to be serviced in?!!

Have a great day :)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a neat and cool project Megan...so creative and stunning! Really love it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete