Friday 20 October 2017

Designing Kits

 Something I was not going to do.   Kit designing.  But here we are with my second kit for The PaperTeapot, and just like last time this kit has a lot of product in it - yummy Blue Fern Studio Papers and flowers, Nuvo mousse and stencils are just a few.  Theres 3 layouts this time, and a tag with the scraps, and theres still more leftover to make more tags, or a card.

When my first kit came out I was quite nervous.  Despite Joanna's encouragement I wasn't convinced it would sell,  but they all sold.  In an hour!  This kit though is quite different to the last one and there is a reason for that.  One of the comments I received was "don't I do layouts without flowers?"  Well mostly no ;). but I do like a challenge, so this one is completely different!


This is the first layout, pretty plain and simple.  Nuvo mousse and black archival ink has been used with 2 different stencils for my background and the chipboard has been coloured with mousse and embossing powder.


Another simple layout but I had to add some flowers to this one - weddings need flowers right?  And remember, I can't sew to save myself so Ive used a stamp.



The third layout is this cute wee dude :). Nuvo mousse again but using my finger to rub through the stencil to get the effect I wanted.



And lastly the tag.  Lots of layers behind those flowers, can't really see them in the photo though.  Ive used the BFS packaging for the base of my tag - I love how you can do that with their products!

I hope you love this kit as much I loved creating it :)
See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment